Disability Advocacy Resource Guide
Are you worried your child might have a disability or Special Need? Click here for links for early detection.
- THIS WILL BE HANDOUTS FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
Click here for resources for early intervention.
- Click here for a quick explanation of Special Education! Special_Education_in_3min_ppt
- Before You Go to an IEP meeting, familiar yourself with these FOUR terms. Click Here!
- Wanna Hear From People with Disabilities? Click Here!
- Legal Rights for Disabilities: Click Here!
- Become a Disability Advocate:
- Need to find a disability advocate: Lisa M. Hayes, Disability Advocate,
- Need information in Spanish? Click Here!
- What the hell do those letters mean? A guide to acronyms on Disabilities. Click Here! (add paper handout)
- Who and what are protected disabilities under the ADA? (American Disability Act)? Click Here!
9. What is Customized Employment?
10. What is Customized Housing?
11. Have you been discriminated against? Click here for legal organizations dedicated to folks with disabilities